Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/kbwebconsole/public_html/wp-content/plugins/article-taxonomy/article-taxonomy.php on line 772
- +Getting Started
- +Web Pages
- +Product Catalogue
- How do I add a new email address?
- How do I administer an email account?
- How do I check my email from webmail?
- Common email settings
- How do I configure Outlook 2013
- How to configure Outlook 2010?
- How to configure Outlook 2007?
- How to configure Outlook Express?
- How to configure Windows Mail?
- How do I check my emails in Thunderbird?
- How do I setup Netscape Communicator?
- How do I check email in my iPhone?
- How do I check email in my BlackBerry?
- How to setup Entourage for Mac
- How to configure Mac Mail?
- How do I add an email signature? (Outlook, Thunderbird)
- Mail Quota Warning
- How do I setup anti spam configuration?
- How can I download my email but keep a copy in server?
- Why am I losing important emails?
- Avoid "timeout" errors when checking email
- Setting the Root Folder Path for your IMAP account
- Email Setting for Bork
- +Site Styles
- +Site Admin
- How do I change my site configuration?
- How do I change my contact details?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I add Google Analytics?
- How do I add a Google Map?
- How do I hide and publish my site?
- How do I change the layout of my template?
- How do I see my site statistics?
- How do I use Meta tags?
- How to add social media?
- How to use robots.txt?
- How to manage custom file
- Can I have different style or template on each page?
- How do I change my website appearance or templates or style?
- How do I create three levels of navigation?
- How do I use a proxy server?
- How to disable or enable tax display?
- How to export order into .csv format?
- How to create a member protected page?
- How do I restrict access to my catalogue?
- How do I send email to members?
- How to Forward Emails to Multiple Addresses?
- How to forward emails "As Attachment" in Outlook.
- How to Enable SMTP Authentication in Outlook
- How to enable snippet in the website?
- How do I add custom code to my website?
- How do I create a desktop shortcut of WebAlive Console?
- How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
- How to upload favicon ico
- How to enable Re Captcha
- How to send files to WebAlive
- What is this message “click to activate and use this control”?
- How can I remove old content or URL from search engine (Google, Bing, and Yahoo)?
- +How to use the Editor
- The text editor
- How to do copy & paste in text editor?
- Why can't I upload my photos?
- How do I add an image to my site?
- How do I make an image pop up?
- How to update alternative text on images?
- How do I create a hyperlink?
- How do I upload a file for people to download?
- How do I add multimedia (YouTube video and flash file)?
- How do I remove inline style
- Why is my new line gap too big?
- How do I create and work around a table?
- How do I improve the layout of my page using a table?
- How to remove or hide table borders?
- What makes a good web page?
- How do I make a consistent page?
- How do I copy content from an existing page to a new page?
WebConsole provides all necessary tools to manage your products. By using our console you are able to
- > Create product catalogue.
- > Create new category.
- > Add products.
- > Edit products.
- > Move products.
- > Delete products.
How do I add a Product Catalogue?
Adding a new product catalogue is much like adding any other type of page. Product Catalogues can also be added or moved to a ‘child page’ position.
To add a new product catalogue:
- > Click “Add a Page” from the main console screen or page menu.
- > Select “Product Catalogue” from ” Select a Template” list.
- > Select the type of page (parent or Child) from “Page Type”
- > Click “Next” to continue
Please select the “Category” and click on “Edit” to see the available options.
After clicking on “Edit” button following panel will appear.
- > Change category name if require
- > Click on “Description” tab to add an image and description
- > From “Product Per Page” drop down menu you can select the number of products you wish to display per page
- > “Product Per Row” will only be active when “Image” view is selected for “Product Display Options”. You can select the number of products you wish to display per row.
- > Pick a display option. Display options control the way of product appearance on the page.
- > Check “Category Access is Restricted” if you wish to apply the restriction on this category.
- > Check “Category is Hidden” if you wish to hide the category to all
- > If “Category Access is Restricted” is checked, you can apply access restriction between the Members;
|Category is Hidden||If you enable this option, no one will be able to access this category. You will be able to access only using the console. This option can be used while you are editing or updating a category or if you require to hide the category temporarily.|
|Category Access is Restricted||Enable this option if you like the category to be available to registered members only. When unchecked, everyone will be able to visit.|
|All Members||Only registered members will be able to visit the category|
|group1||This is a pre-created group name. Selecting this group will let the members to visit the category only who are in this group. “Click here” to see, how to create members and add them in a group.|
|group2||This is another pre-created group name. Selecting this group will let the members to visit the category only who are in this group. “Click here” to see, how to create members and add them in a group.|
How do I add a sub category?
Add sub category, if you would like to sort your products in different category without creating new catalogue page. To add a new sub-category in your product catalogue, simply select the catalogue you wish to add a category from the left of the screen. Then select “Add Category” from the top of the page. You will be asked to enter the name, select display options for your new sub-category and user access. Please find the images below;
Please enter a name for your new category and apply necessary options. Once you are happy with the changes, press “OK” for the category to be inserted.
The tree of sub-categories can have multiple levels and is a great way of separating your products and services into different groups.
Please see the catalogue image below after adding a sub category;
How do I add Products:
To add products for your online customers to purchase;
- > Please make sure you have added a catalogue page. Please visit the topic above to know more about it.
- > Select the category where you would like to add the product.
- > Click on “Add Product“.
From here you may start entering the details of your items ensuring that all mandatory fields have been entered. If you fail to enter all mandatory fields you will be prompted to add these fields before you can save. The mandatory fields are as follows.
- > Name
- > Item Code
- > Description
- > Price
For every product, you are able to add multiple items to be sold. Each item will have its own price and “Add to Cart” button. Items in your products are ideal for similar products. For example, if you are selling music CD, you have the chance to add DVD as an item that contains the same music. Please see the image below;
To add another item to your product simply click the ‘+’ button located beneath the product name.
Each item also has the ability to have individual Packing costs for products that may be obscurely shaped or extra delicate. Your products can also be displayed without a price by clicking on the ‘Call for price’ button, here you can enter customisable display text. If you have run out of a particular item simply check the ‘Out of Stock’ to prevent users from purchasing. The item will still display on your site however it will not display a price or an ‘Add to Cart’ button.
For every product on your site you may have lengthy descriptions controlled under the “Description” tab. The description field has all the power of the WebAlive editor so you may easily add images, hyperlinks and much more to present your products to the world. Please see the image below;
The “Tax and Display Options” tab allows you to set which tax is applicable to the product and gives you some options to either hide the product from your site or display it in extra places. GST is set as default on all items for all Australian customers, but if you have got other foreign taxes that you would use to sell overseas they can be selected here once setup.
Enabling any of the display options shown in the image below, will display a small link to the product in the top right hand corner of the website. This allows for extra product placement opportunities and looks similar to that of the cart box. Each of these display options act differently and are as follows;
- > “Hide product” will hide the product from your website.
- > “Feature on Homepage” will add the product in a product box, displaying your product with a small description, price and add to cart button to the homepage of your website.
The “Discount Prices” tab will show you, if any discount is applied to the product. If a discount is available to a product, such as “5% special” discount, it will show you the result. In the below image, the price is reduced by 5%.
To learn more about adding and applying discounts please read our “How do I add discounts” article.
There are three options to enable “Shipping” for a product;
- > Use AusPost API
- > Use Weight Freight
- > Use Classing Freight
To enable AusPost API, please select the option “Use AusPost API” and then provide information as instructed. This will calculate the postal cost automatically. AustPost is very suitable for Australian clients.
To enable Weight Freight, please select the option “Use Weight Freight” and configure the “Weight Freight“
To enable Classic Freight, please select the option “Use Classing Freight” and configure the “Classic Freight“
How do I Edit Products:
To edit an existing product, please click on that and click on edit button.
How do I Move Products:
Products can be moved and copied to other categories within the same product catalogue.
To move products, simply right click on the product in the left hand tree. Select “Move To” from the list and you will be asked to select which category you wish to move this product to.
You can also make a copy of a product in another category by right clicking and selecting “Copy To“. Once again you will be prompted to select which category you wish to copy to as per the image below. This will make a separate product with the same details in the category of your choice.
You also have the ability to link a product to another category. This works much the same as the ‘Copy To’ function but it will not create a separate product. The product will appear in both categories, however, changes made to either one of these will update both products at the same time. To do this please click on “Link To” after selecting the product.
Click on “Move Up” or “Move Down” to move a product up or down.
How do I delete products and items?
If you no longer have stock of an item perhaps applying the “Out of Stock” option would be better than deleting it.
To delete an item, firstly click on the product that contains the item. You should see the item list on the right. Click right on the “Item” and click “Remove Item”. This will remove an item from a product.
To delete a product, select the product from the left hand tree and press the “Delete” button from the top of the screen. A “Permanently Delete Product” confirmation box will appear saying to confirm deletion. Press “Yes” to delete the product and it will take you back to the Main Catalogue view.