- +Getting Started
- +Web Pages
- +Product Catalogue
- How do I add a new email address?
- How do I administer an email account?
- How do I check my email from webmail?
- Common email settings
- How do I configure Outlook 2013
- How to configure Outlook 2010?
- How to configure Outlook 2007?
- How to configure Outlook Express?
- How to configure Windows Mail?
- How do I check my emails in Thunderbird?
- How do I setup Netscape Communicator?
- How do I check email in my iPhone?
- How do I check email in my BlackBerry?
- How to configure Mac Mail?
- How to setup Entourage for Mac
- How do I add an email signature? (Outlook, Thunderbird)
- Mail Quota Warning
- How do I setup anti spam configuration?
- How can I download my email but keep a copy in server?
- Why am I losing important emails?
- Avoid "timeout" errors when checking email
- Setting the Root Folder Path for your IMAP account
- Email Setting for Bork
- +Site Styles
- +Site Admin
- How do I change my site configuration?
- How do I change my contact details?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I add Google Analytics?
- How do I add a Google Map?
- How do I hide and publish my site?
- How do I change the layout of my template?
- How do I see my site statistics?
- How do I use Meta tags?
- How to add social media?
- How to use robots.txt?
- How to manage custom file
- Can I have different style or template on each page?
- How do I change my website appearance or templates or style?
- How do I create three levels of navigation?
- How do I use a proxy server?
- How to disable or enable tax display?
- How to export order into .csv format?
- How to create a member protected page?
- How do I restrict access to my catalogue?
- How do I send email to members?
- How to Forward Emails to Multiple Addresses?
- How to forward emails "As Attachment" in Outlook.
- How to Enable SMTP Authentication in Outlook
- How to enable snippet in the website?
- How do I add custom code to my website?
- How do I create a desktop shortcut of WebAlive Console?
- How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
- How to upload favicon ico
- How to enable Re Captcha
- How to send files to WebAlive
- What is this message “click to activate and use this control”?
- How can I remove old content or URL from search engine (Google, Bing, and Yahoo)?
- +How to use the Editor
- The text editor
- How to do copy & paste in text editor?
- Why can't I upload my photos?
- How do I add an image to my site?
- How do I make an image pop up?
- How to update alternative text on images?
- How do I create a hyperlink?
- How do I upload a file for people to download?
- How do I add multimedia (YouTube video and flash file)?
- How do I remove inline style
- Why is my new line gap too big?
- How do I create and work around a table?
- How do I improve the layout of my page using a table?
- How to remove or hide table borders?
- What makes a good web page?
- How do I make a consistent page?
- How do I copy content from an existing page to a new page?
The latest version of the WebAlive WebConsole is now available with blog feature. It supports categorised posting, full post management, exciting widgets with advanced control, pagination panel, auto publish post comments, post display order, subscribe feed by email, send notification by email, display flicker photos, add facebook like button, twitter button and all popular blog features. No matter if you are a new or existing WebAlive WebConsole user, our blog is organised in such a way only few minutes’ interaction can make you ready to publish a full featured blog.
- Post management panel
- Blog category (create, edit, delete)
- Create a new post
- Edit (update, delete) an existing post
- Manage Comment
- Text (arbitrary text or HTML)
- Recent Comments (the most recent comments)
- Recent Posts (the most recent post on your site)
- Archives (a monthly archive of your sites posts)
- Categories (a list of dropdown of categories)
- Simple Flicker Photos (displays photos from Flicker)
- Twitter Widget Pro (follow a twitter feed)
- Links (your personal links)
- Facebook Like Button (integrate facebooks like plugin)
- Tweet Button (share content on Twitter)
Site Configuration Panel
|1||Blog button text||Navigation button text for the blog page.|
|2||Blog page title||Title of the blog page.|
|3||Blog page heading||Heading of the blog page.|
|4||Who can see||Control the blog page availability to others.|
|5||Number of posts to display in a page||Enter the number of post that you would like to display in a page.|
|6||Number of lines to display in a post||Define how many lines you want to show of a post.|
|7||Display date in post||Displays the posting date.|
|8||Display author name||Displays the author name of the post.|
|9||Moderator’s email address||Moderator’s email address. All notifications will be sent to this address.|
|10||Send notification email||Tick to allow sending notification email.|
|11||Subscribe feed by email||Visitor will get the opportunity to be subscribed for a feed by email.|
|12||Post display order||Define how you would like to sort the post display order.|
|13||Pagination panel position||Select where you like the pagination panel (link to other pages) to be displayed.|
|14||Auto publish post comments||This publish a comment straight way.|
Adding blog page is easy as like as adding a simple text page. Please login the console and click on “Add a Page”.
Select “Blog” as page type under “Select a template” section. Mention if it is going to be a parent or child page and click next to go to the admin panel.
To delete a blog page click on “Delete a Page” button from the dashboard of the console. Now please select the blog page carefully and click on “Next” button to go ahead.
To move a blog page up or down or to make it parent to child or child to parent. please click “Move Pages” button from the console dashboard. Select the blog page and then use available arrow buttons to move the page.
|Up arrow||To move the page up|
|Down arrow||To move the page down|
|Left arrow||Use this button to make the page child to parent|
|Right arrow||This button will convert a parent page to child|
You may require to edit the blog page off or on during the page development. To edit the blog page please click the “Edit a Page” and then select the the page you would like to edit. In this case select the “Blog” page. This will show you the blog admin panel to perform necessary editing.
You can reach to blog admin panel at the end of creating a new blog page or if you try to edit an existing blog page.
|1||Blog post tab||Click this tab to see the blog post management panel.|
|2||Main body of the post||Here you will provide the post/blog content.|
|3||Category||This is to keep your created post in a suitable category/group, helps to organise posts easily.|
|4||Text Tool||Tools to format the texts. Insert image, create hyperlink, insert table, change text color and other most common formatting tools.|
|5||Title of the post||Add a title to your post. Try to use an attractive title that creates interest to visitors and relates to your main post.|
|6||Publish the post||Tick this check box if you wish to publish the blog otherwise visitors will not see your blog.|
|7||Allow comments||If you would like to enable comment option for the blog visitors, please tick this box.|
|8||Who can see||Control your blog posts availability. Display post to members, a particular member, a group of members or hide from every one.|
|9||Author||Author of the post. If nothing is mentioned ‘Admin’ will be displayed.|
|10||Post display order||Assign a position where you like your post displayed. Select the post and then select the display order number. The post will be displayed in that position under its main category.|
|11||Change Category||Move a post from one category to another. Select the post first and click “Change Category” button, a message box will display available categories. Now pick the destination category.|
|12||Detouch Editor||Detouch editor from the console.|
|13||Delete | Edit Category||Every post needs to be in a category. If you do not want to keep a post in any category, better to put them in the category named Uncategorized. Click ‘New Category‘ to create a new category.|
|14||Other buttons||These buttons appears once you click on an existing post.
Once the editing of an existing post is done, click update button to save the changes.
Select a post and click this button to delete the post.
Click the button to add new post.
If “Auto publish post comments“ is not enabled in “Site Config”, you need to manually publish and manage the comments. Select an existing post and click the button to see if any comment regarding that post requires your attention.
Create new category:
Every post needs to be in a category. Please create a category first by clicking on “New Category“, please see the above image for help. If you have any posts those do not match with any existing category and you do not want to create further category, please leave them in “Uncategorized” category.
Delete a category:
To delete any category, select that category first and then click “Remove Category”.
This option allows to rename an existing category. Select an existing category, click edit button to edit that category.
Move a post from one category to another. Select the post first and click “Change Category” button, a message box will display available categories. Now pick the destination category.
Please create a new category or select an existing category for your first post. Enter other necessary information like author name, title etc. Check other administrative options – if you would like to publish the post straight away, if you want to allow visitors to post comment, if you want to restrict the visibility etc. Type your post in the text area and click “Save” when done. Now please visit your blog page to see how your first post is appearing.
Select category and then select the post you would like to edit.
Once required changes are made click “Update” to update the post.
To delete any existing post, select your post and then click the “Delete” button.
To manage comments of a post please select the post first from the console and click “Manage Comment” button which is available at the bottom of the “Blog Post” panel. Here you will see all available comments and other necessary options related to your post. Click “Update” button to save changes or click “Manage Blog Post” to return to the editing panel.
Following widget control panel will appear if you click “Widget” tab during blog page editing. There are two columns on the panel, “Available Widgets” and “Active Widgets”. Available widgets contains the list of widgets those can be used for your blog, where the active widgets reflects the widgets you are using at the moment. If you would like to add a new widget, just select that and click on the arrow to move on the right.
At the bottom of the active widget there are few tools available to administer the active widgets. These buttons will help to move a widget up or down, to delete them and to configure them. Moving a widget up or down will be reflected on the live blog page.
A popular widget to add text or HTML code in the sidebar. Widget configuration panel will appear if you add the widget for the first time. Enter title and text or HTML as necessary. If you add any embedded code (e.g. YouTube video code), please make sure you have limited the video height and width to 200 to adjust with the sidebar. Click the edit widget button to edit any existing widget after selecting the widget from the “Active Widgets” panel.
Adding this widget will display a list of the most recent post in your blog. You can select the number of posts to show.
Show a list of monthly posts as archived on the sidebar.
Every post belongs to a certain category. Adding this widget will show available categories in your blog. If visitors click on any category, they will get all the posts related to that category.
Add this widget to display Flicker images in your blog. Just enter the Flicker user id and set the number of images you would like to show.
Display Twitter feeds in your blog. Enter the Twitter username and the number of feeds you want to show.
This widget will help to add links in the side bar. The configuration panel allow to add both external and internal links.
Insert Facebook like button using this widget.
This widget will add Tweet button in the blog.