Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/kbwebconsole/public_html/wp-content/plugins/article-taxonomy/article-taxonomy.php on line 772
- +Getting Started
- +Web Pages
- +Product Catalogue
- How do I add a new email address?
- How do I administer an email account?
- How do I check my email from webmail?
- Common email settings
- How do I configure Outlook 2013
- How to configure Outlook 2010?
- How to configure Outlook 2007?
- How to configure Outlook Express?
- How to configure Windows Mail?
- How do I check my emails in Thunderbird?
- How do I setup Netscape Communicator?
- How do I check email in my iPhone?
- How do I check email in my BlackBerry?
- How to configure Mac Mail?
- How to setup Entourage for Mac
- How do I add an email signature? (Outlook, Thunderbird)
- Mail Quota Warning
- How do I setup anti spam configuration?
- How can I download my email but keep a copy in server?
- Why am I losing important emails?
- Avoid "timeout" errors when checking email
- Setting the Root Folder Path for your IMAP account
- Email Setting for Bork
- +Site Styles
- +Site Admin
- How do I change my site configuration?
- How do I change my contact details?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I add Google Analytics?
- How do I add a Google Map?
- How do I hide and publish my site?
- How do I change the layout of my template?
- How do I see my site statistics?
- How do I use Meta tags?
- How to add social media?
- How to use robots.txt?
- How to manage custom file
- Can I have different style or template on each page?
- How do I change my website appearance or templates or style?
- How do I create three levels of navigation?
- How do I use a proxy server?
- How to disable or enable tax display?
- How to export order into .csv format?
- How to create a member protected page?
- How do I restrict access to my catalogue?
- How do I send email to members?
- How to Forward Emails to Multiple Addresses?
- How to forward emails "As Attachment" in Outlook.
- How to Enable SMTP Authentication in Outlook
- How to enable snippet in the website?
- How do I add custom code to my website?
- How do I create a desktop shortcut of WebAlive Console?
- How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
- How to upload favicon ico
- How to enable Re Captcha
- How to send files to WebAlive
- What is this message “click to activate and use this control”?
- How can I remove old content or URL from search engine (Google, Bing, and Yahoo)?
- +How to use the Editor
- The text editor
- How to do copy & paste in text editor?
- Why can't I upload my photos?
- How do I add an image to my site?
- How do I make an image pop up?
- How to update alternative text on images?
- How do I create a hyperlink?
- How do I upload a file for people to download?
- How do I add multimedia (YouTube video and flash file)?
- How do I remove inline style
- Why is my new line gap too big?
- How do I create and work around a table?
- How do I improve the layout of my page using a table?
- How to remove or hide table borders?
- What makes a good web page?
- How do I make a consistent page?
- How do I copy content from an existing page to a new page?
How to remove URLs from Google search results:
Prerequisite: Google webmaster tools account for the specified site, verified by either HTML Meta tag or uploading XML Verification file.
1. Verify your ownership of the site in Webmaster Tools.
2. On the Webmaster Tools home page, click the site you want.
3. On the Dashboard, click ‘Site configuration’ in the left-hand navigation.
4. Click ‘Crawler access’, and then click ‘Remove URL’.
5. Click ‘New removal request’.
6. Type the URL of the page you want removed from search results (not the Google search results URL or cached page URL), and then click ‘Continue’.
7. Click ‘Remove page from search results and cache’.
8. Select the checkbox to confirm that you have completed the requirements listed in this article, and then click ‘Submit Request’.
Read more on page removal options at Google Webmaster Central.
How to remove URLs from ‘Bing’ search results:
Prerequisite: Bing Webmaster Centre account for the specified site, verified by either HTML Meta tag or uploading XML Verification file.
1. Open the Bing Search Support form.
2. Fill out the form.
> Primary e-mail address: provide the email that is associated with your Bing Webmaster Centre account.
> What type of problem do you have? — First select Content Removal Request from the drop down menu.
> Once ‘Content Removal Request’ option is selected, another drop-down menu will appear right bellow the first one. Select Cached page removal
> Enter the URL you want to remove
> Enter the search query/ keyword that returns that URL
> Fill the rest of the form.
3. Input the Captcha entry.
4. Click Submit.
Read more at Bing Community.
How to remove URLs from Yahoo search results:
Prerequisite: Yahoo Site Explorer account for the specified site, verified by either HTML Meta tag or uploading XML Verification file.
1. Sign in to Yahoo Site Explorer. Enter the URL/Path into the ‘Explore URL’ box.
2. Locate the site in Explorer results. Notice the ‘Delete URL/Path’ button next to each URL.
3. Click ‘Delete URL/Path’ to go to the confirmation page.The confirmation page shows the total number of sub path URLs that will be affected as a result of that Delete URL/Path action and also displays a list those URLs.
4. Use the input text box to edit the URL and limit the delete action to a specific sub directory.Click ‘Update’ to regenerate the list of URLs that will be affected by the delete action.
Example of deleting multiple URLs:
Use the Delete URL/Path option to remove multiple URLs by truncating the URL string back to the trailing ‘?’ mark, then clicking the ‘Update’ button. To remove URLs that look like this:
truncate the URL back to the ‘?’ mark:
Click the ‘Update’ button to regenerate the list of URLs that will be affected by the delete action.
5. Click ‘Yes’ to delete the URL and any sub paths listed.
When you click ‘Yes’, the delete action is recorded and the ‘Actions’ page opens. The ‘Actions’ page lists all currently live actions on the site, and also includes actions made by all authenticated site owners.
When Yahoo! Applies the Delete URL/Path action, its status on the ‘Actions’ page changes from ‘Pending Delete’ to ‘In Effect’. At this point the delete action starts propagating through Yahoo index. It will usually be updated throughout the entire index within 48 hours.
Read more at Yahoo HELP