- +Getting Started
- +Web Pages
- +Product Catalogue
- How do I add a new email address?
- How do I administer an email account?
- How do I check my email from webmail?
- Common email settings
- How do I configure Outlook 2013
- How to configure Outlook 2010?
- How to configure Outlook 2007?
- How to configure Outlook Express?
- How to configure Windows Mail?
- How do I check my emails in Thunderbird?
- How do I setup Netscape Communicator?
- How do I check email in my iPhone?
- How do I check email in my BlackBerry?
- How to configure Mac Mail?
- How to setup Entourage for Mac
- How do I add an email signature? (Outlook, Thunderbird)
- Mail Quota Warning
- How do I setup anti spam configuration?
- How can I download my email but keep a copy in server?
- Why am I losing important emails?
- Avoid "timeout" errors when checking email
- Setting the Root Folder Path for your IMAP account
- Email Setting for Bork
- +Site Styles
- +Site Admin
- How do I change my site configuration?
- How do I change my contact details?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I add Google Analytics?
- How do I add a Google Map?
- How do I hide and publish my site?
- How do I change the layout of my template?
- How do I see my site statistics?
- How do I use Meta tags?
- How to add social media?
- How to use robots.txt?
- How to manage custom file
- Can I have different style or template on each page?
- How do I change my website appearance or templates or style?
- How do I create three levels of navigation?
- How do I use a proxy server?
- How to disable or enable tax display?
- How to export order into .csv format?
- How to create a member protected page?
- How do I restrict access to my catalogue?
- How do I send email to members?
- How to Forward Emails to Multiple Addresses?
- How to forward emails "As Attachment" in Outlook.
- How to Enable SMTP Authentication in Outlook
- How to enable snippet in the website?
- How do I add custom code to my website?
- How do I create a desktop shortcut of WebAlive Console?
- How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
- How to upload favicon ico
- How to enable Re Captcha
- How to send files to WebAlive
- What is this message “click to activate and use this control”?
- How can I remove old content or URL from search engine (Google, Bing, and Yahoo)?
- +How to use the Editor
- The text editor
- How to do copy & paste in text editor?
- Why can't I upload my photos?
- How do I add an image to my site?
- How do I make an image pop up?
- How to update alternative text on images?
- How do I create a hyperlink?
- How do I upload a file for people to download?
- How do I add multimedia (YouTube video and flash file)?
- How do I remove inline style
- Why is my new line gap too big?
- How do I create and work around a table?
- How do I improve the layout of my page using a table?
- How to remove or hide table borders?
- What makes a good web page?
- How do I make a consistent page?
- How do I copy content from an existing page to a new page?
For the example given below we have used a sample domain (example.com). Please use your own domain name when setting up your email client. The settings apply to all other email clients, and the configuration should be very similar to the one described in this document.
After you have created your email account in WebAlive Console you are ready to use Windows Mail to start collecting and sending email messages. If you have not created your email account yet, please visit here to learn how to create a new email account.
Setting Up Windows Mail Email Accounts:
1. Go to windows Mail Start > All Programs > Windows Mail. A setup wizard May Appear, if it does, Skip to the Wizard Setup Section.
2. Select Tools / Accounts.
3. Click Add, from the Internet Accounts window.
4. In the Select Account Type window, choose Email Account and click Next after completing each step of the process to continue to move through the wizard.
5. In the Your Name window, enter the name you want to display as sender, which may include your real name or company name.
6. In the Internet E-mail Address window, please specify your address in the E-mail address field. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Fill in the fields as follow:
> Select either POP3 or IMAP, whichever you want to use (please see the details in Table 1.1 below).
> Enter your Incoming (POP3/IMAP) and Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server – Your Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server often works with mail.example.com (use your WebAlive hosting domain instead of ‘example.com’), but you can also use your WebAlive hosting email server address (please see the details in Table 1.2 below).
> Check the box labeled Outgoing server requires authentication.
Some ISPs do not allow their customers to use third-party SMTP servers for outgoing mail. If you encounter this problem, you will need to use the ISP’s outgoing servers instead for the messages you send.
Table 1.1 : Which one to pick, IMAP or POP3?
|POP3 (Post Office Protocol)||
> POP3 always downloads new emails from the mail server to your computer. It does not leave any copies unless you specify.
|IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol)||
> IMAP copies the email from mail server. This protocol does not erase/download until you specify.
Table 1.2 :
|Incoming & Outgoing Server||WebAlive Hosting Package|
|If you are using following CMS package:
WebMini, WebCommerce, WebSuite, WebConsole.
|If you are using WebAlive cPanel Hosting package.|
8. In the next window, Internet Logon, enter your full address in the E-mail username field, such as email@example.com. Enter your email Password to access
your account and click Remember password to store this setting.
9. In the Congratulations window, if you don’t want to download all your messages, check the box labeled Do not download my e-mail at this time. Otherwise, you can leave this setting unchecked. Click Finish to store your settings.
Changing Outgoing (SMTP) Server Settings:
If you experience trouble sending mail, it is likely that your ISP is blocking the default Port 25; this is a very common process that is designed to protect the service from spammers. To fix this problem, follow these steps:
> Select Tools / Accounts. Select your email account from the list in the dialog box, and choose Properties to bring up the settings window.
> Click on the Advanced tab. In the text field labeled Outgoing mail (SMTP), replace the port number with 587 or 2525 or 8025. Click Apply to store your settings and then OK to close the dialog box.
POP3 accounts Properties:
IMAP accounts Properties:
Leaving a Copy of Messages on the Server for POP3 accounts:
If you have selected your incoming mail server as POP3 during your email client setup, there will be no emails left on the mail server. POP3 downloads all emails without leaving a copy on the server until you configure it. To leave a copy of messages on the server, please follow these steps:
> Select Tools / Accounts. Select your email account from the list in the dialog box, and choose Properties to bring up the settings window. Click the Advanced tab.
> Check the Leave a copy messages on server box.
> Check Remove from server after and enter the number of days to store messages.
> As a further protection, check Remove from sever when deleted from ‘Deleted Items’.
> Click the OK button to complete the setup process.