- +Getting Started
- +Web Pages
- +Product Catalogue
- How do I add a new email address?
- How do I administer an email account?
- How do I check my email from webmail?
- Common email settings
- How do I configure Outlook 2013
- How to configure Outlook 2010?
- How to configure Outlook 2007?
- How to configure Outlook Express?
- How to configure Windows Mail?
- How do I check my emails in Thunderbird?
- How do I setup Netscape Communicator?
- How do I check email in my iPhone?
- How do I check email in my BlackBerry?
- How to configure Mac Mail?
- How to setup Entourage for Mac
- How do I add an email signature? (Outlook, Thunderbird)
- Mail Quota Warning
- How do I setup anti spam configuration?
- How can I download my email but keep a copy in server?
- Why am I losing important emails?
- Avoid "timeout" errors when checking email
- Setting the Root Folder Path for your IMAP account
- Email Setting for Bork
- +Site Styles
- +Site Admin
- How do I change my site configuration?
- How do I change my contact details?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I add Google Analytics?
- How do I add a Google Map?
- How do I hide and publish my site?
- How do I change the layout of my template?
- How do I see my site statistics?
- How do I use Meta tags?
- How to add social media?
- How to use robots.txt?
- How to manage custom file
- Can I have different style or template on each page?
- How do I change my website appearance or templates or style?
- How do I create three levels of navigation?
- How do I use a proxy server?
- How to disable or enable tax display?
- How to export order into .csv format?
- How to create a member protected page?
- How do I restrict access to my catalogue?
- How do I send email to members?
- How to Forward Emails to Multiple Addresses?
- How to forward emails "As Attachment" in Outlook.
- How to Enable SMTP Authentication in Outlook
- How to enable snippet in the website?
- How do I add custom code to my website?
- How do I create a desktop shortcut of WebAlive Console?
- How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
- How to upload favicon ico
- How to enable Re Captcha
- How to send files to WebAlive
- What is this message “click to activate and use this control”?
- How can I remove old content or URL from search engine (Google, Bing, and Yahoo)?
- +How to use the Editor
- The text editor
- How to do copy & paste in text editor?
- Why can't I upload my photos?
- How do I add an image to my site?
- How do I make an image pop up?
- How to update alternative text on images?
- How do I create a hyperlink?
- How do I upload a file for people to download?
- How do I add multimedia (YouTube video and flash file)?
- How do I remove inline style
- Why is my new line gap too big?
- How do I create and work around a table?
- How do I improve the layout of my page using a table?
- How to remove or hide table borders?
- What makes a good web page?
- How do I make a consistent page?
- How do I copy content from an existing page to a new page?
For the example given below we have used a sample domain (example.com). Please use your own domain name when setting up your email client. The settings apply to all other email clients, and the configuration should be very similar to the one described in this document.
After you have created your email accounts with WebAlive you are ready to use ‘Outlook Express’ to start collecting and sending email messages. If you have not created your email account yet, please click here to read how to create a new email account.
Setting Up a POP3 or IMAP Email Account:
1. In Outlook Express, select Tools / Accounts.
2. Click the Mail tab. Click the Add button and select Mail from the resulting menu. Navigate through the following wizard windows.
3. Enter your name in the Display name box. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
4. In the E-mail address box, enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), using all lowercase letters..
5. Fill in the fields as follow:
> Select either POP3 or IMAP, whichever you want to use (please see the details in Table 1.1 below).
> Enter your Incoming (POP3/IMAP) and Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server – Your Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server often works with mail.example.com (use your WebAlive hosting domain instead of ‘example.com’), but you can also use your WebAlive hosting email server address (please see the details in Table 1.2 below).
> Click on ‘Next’ when done.
Some ISPs do not allow their customers to use third-party SMTP servers for outgoing mail. If you encounter this problem, you will need to use the ISP’s outgoing servers instead for the messages you send.
Table 1.1 : Which one to pick, IMAP or POP3?
|POP3 (Post Office Protocol)||
> POP3 always downloads new emails from the mail server to your computer. It does not leave any copies unless you specify.
|IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol)||
> IMAP copies the email from mail server. This protocol does not erase/download until you specify.
Table 1.2 :
|Incoming & Outgoing Server||WebAlive Hosting Package|
|If you are using following CMS package:
WebMini, WebCommerce, WebSuite, WebConsole.
|If you are using WebAlive cPanel Hosting package.|
6. In the Account name box, enter your entire email address (e.g., email@example.com), using all lowercase letters. In the Password box, enter your email Password to access
your account and click Remember password to store this setting.
7. Click the Finish button. You must complete the remaining steps (see the section below Turning On Server Authentication) to configure your account.
Turning On Server Authentication (Important!)
> Select Tools / Accounts. Click the Mail tab. Click once on your email account.
> Click the Properties button. Click the Servers tab. Check the My server requires authentication box. Click the Settings tab and check the Use same settings as my incoming mail server box. Click OK.
> Click the Advanced tab.
For ‘POP3‘ setting: The SMTP port for outbound emails is 25 or 2525 or 587 or 8025 (some ISPs are blocking port 25). Leave the default POP3 port for inbound emails to 110. Click OK.
For ‘IMAP’ setting: The SMTP port for outbound emails is 25 or 2525 or 587 or 8025 (some ISPs are blocking port 25). Leave the default IMAP port for inbound emails to 143 or use 993 if you want to use secured IMAP. Click OK.
Leaving a Copy of Messages on the Server (POP3 Only):
> Select Tools / Accounts. Click the Mail tab. Click once on your POP3 email account.
> Click the Properties button and go Advanced tab.
> Check the Leave a copy messages on server box.
> Check Remove from server after and enter the number of days to store messages.
> As a further protection, check Remove from sever when deleted from ‘Deleted Items’.
> Click the OK button to complete the setup process.