- +Getting Started
- +Web Pages
- +Product Catalogue
- How do I add a new email address?
- How do I administer an email account?
- How do I check my email from webmail?
- Common email settings
- How do I configure Outlook 2013
- How to configure Outlook 2010?
- How to configure Outlook 2007?
- How to configure Outlook Express?
- How to configure Windows Mail?
- How do I check my emails in Thunderbird?
- How do I setup Netscape Communicator?
- How do I check email in my iPhone?
- How do I check email in my BlackBerry?
- How to configure Mac Mail?
- How to setup Entourage for Mac
- How do I add an email signature? (Outlook, Thunderbird)
- Mail Quota Warning
- How do I setup anti spam configuration?
- How can I download my email but keep a copy in server?
- Why am I losing important emails?
- Avoid "timeout" errors when checking email
- Setting the Root Folder Path for your IMAP account
- Email Setting for Bork
- +Site Styles
- +Site Admin
- How do I change my site configuration?
- How do I change my contact details?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I add Google Analytics?
- How do I add a Google Map?
- How do I hide and publish my site?
- How do I change the layout of my template?
- How do I see my site statistics?
- How do I use Meta tags?
- How to add social media?
- How to use robots.txt?
- How to manage custom file
- Can I have different style or template on each page?
- How do I change my website appearance or templates or style?
- How do I create three levels of navigation?
- How do I use a proxy server?
- How to disable or enable tax display?
- How to export order into .csv format?
- How to create a member protected page?
- How do I restrict access to my catalogue?
- How do I send email to members?
- How to Forward Emails to Multiple Addresses?
- How to forward emails "As Attachment" in Outlook.
- How to Enable SMTP Authentication in Outlook
- How to enable snippet in the website?
- How do I add custom code to my website?
- How do I create a desktop shortcut of WebAlive Console?
- How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
- How to upload favicon ico
- How to enable Re Captcha
- How to send files to WebAlive
- What is this message “click to activate and use this control”?
- How can I remove old content or URL from search engine (Google, Bing, and Yahoo)?
- +How to use the Editor
- The text editor
- How to do copy & paste in text editor?
- Why can't I upload my photos?
- How do I add an image to my site?
- How do I make an image pop up?
- How to update alternative text on images?
- How do I create a hyperlink?
- How do I upload a file for people to download?
- How do I add multimedia (YouTube video and flash file)?
- How do I remove inline style
- Why is my new line gap too big?
- How do I create and work around a table?
- How do I improve the layout of my page using a table?
- How to remove or hide table borders?
- What makes a good web page?
- How do I make a consistent page?
- How do I copy content from an existing page to a new page?
For the example given below we have used a sample domain (example.com). Please use your own domain name when setting up your email client. The settings apply to all other email clients, and the configuration should be very similar to the one described in this document.
1. Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2010. If you have just installed Outlook 2010 it will show in your Start Menu. Click Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Outlook 2010. If this is the first time you have opened Outlook 2010 then the Startup wizard will show. Click Next.
2. Outlook will ask if you wish to configure an email account. Select Yes and click Next.
3. If the Setup Wizard does not show then click the File menu and click Add Account.
4. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click Next.
5. Outlook will prompt you to choose your E-mail Service. Select Internet E-mail. Then click Next.
6. You are now asked to enter your email account details.
6.1 Enter your full name (e.g. John Smith). This name will be displayed before your email address when the receivers check your email from their email client.
6.2 Enter your full email address. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org
6.3 Select the Account Type POP3/IMAP (please see the Table 1.1 below)
Table 1.1 : Which one to pick, IMAP or POP3?
|POP3 (Post Office Protocol)||
> POP3 always downloads new emails from the mail server to your computer. It does not leave any copies unless you specify.
|IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol)||
> IMAP copies the email from mail server. This protocol does not erase/download until you specify.
6.4 Enter your Incoming (POP3/IMAP) and Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server – Your Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server often works with mail.example.com (use your WebAlive hosting domain instead of ‘example.com’), but you can also use your WebAlive hosting email server address:
Table 1.2 :
|Incoming & Outgoing Server||WebAlive Hosting Package|
|If you are using following CMS package:
WebMini, WebCommerce, WebSuite, WebConsole.
|If you are using WebAlive cPanel Hosting package.|
6.5 For User Name, enter your full email address. For example: email@example.com.
6.6 Enter your email password (which you have setup in WebAlive Console or cPanel).
7. Click More Settings.
8. Click the Outgoing Server tab and then tick ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’. If you use both Incoming and Outgoing Server to ‘mail.yourdomain.com’ or your WebAlive hosting email server, then select ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’.
If you use your local ISP’s SMTP server for outgoing email and require SMTP authentication, then select ‘Log on using’ and enter your ISP login details (please contact your local ISP to retrieve your SMTP server authentication). Select ‘Remember password’.
Now for ‘POP3‘ setting:
Click Advanced tab. Leave the default POP3 port for inbound emails to 110. The SMTP port for outbound emails is 25 or 2525 or 587 or 8025 (some ISPs are blocking port 25). Click OK.
For ‘IMAP‘ setting:
Click Advanced tab. Leave the default IMAP port for inbound emails to 143 or use 993 if you want to use secured IMAP . The SMTP port for outbound emails is 25 or 2525 or 587 or 8025 (some ISPs are blocking port 25). Click OK.
Setting the Root Folder Path for your IMAP account, please click here
9. Click Next. Outlook will test your settings. Click Close. Click Finish to complete the setup.
Your WebAlive Hosting email account now appears on the left-side of Outlook 2010.
From Outlook 2010’s menu bar select Send/Receive, then click Send/Receive All Folders. Outlook 2010 will now connect to your WebAlive Hosting email account and show you any emails in your inbox.
Common error messages:
> error (0x800CCC0F) : ‘The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’
This error is usually seen when you entered an invalid user name or password for the SMTP server authentication. To solve this problem, refer to the section 8 of the guide.
> error (0x800CCC92) : ‘Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded:-ERR Authentication failed.’
This error is usually seen when you entered an invalid user name or password for the POP3/IMAP server authentication. To solve this problem, refer to the section 6.5 and 6.6 of the guide.
> error (0x80042108) : ‘Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3/IMAP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server Administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’
> error (0x80042109): ‘Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server Administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’
Both of these error messages can appear when using an incorrect port, respectively for Incoming and Outgoing Servers. To solve these problems, check the ports as explained in the section 8 of the guide.
The error (0x80042109) (unable to connect to the SMTP e-mail server) can also appear when the ISP blocks the port 25. This is a common problem for many Internet service providers. If you are using the port 25 and are still getting this error message, you will have to contact your local ISP in order to find a solution. In most of these cases you will be asked to use their own SMTP server instead of your WebAlive hosting server.