- +Getting Started
- +Web Pages
- +Product Catalogue
- How do I add a new email address?
- How do I administer an email account?
- How do I check my email from webmail?
- Common email settings
- How do I configure Outlook 2013
- How to configure Outlook 2010?
- How to configure Outlook 2007?
- How to configure Outlook Express?
- How to configure Windows Mail?
- How do I check my emails in Thunderbird?
- How do I setup Netscape Communicator?
- How do I check email in my iPhone?
- How do I check email in my BlackBerry?
- How to configure Mac Mail?
- How to setup Entourage for Mac
- How do I add an email signature? (Outlook, Thunderbird)
- Mail Quota Warning
- How do I setup anti spam configuration?
- How can I download my email but keep a copy in server?
- Why am I losing important emails?
- Avoid "timeout" errors when checking email
- Setting the Root Folder Path for your IMAP account
- Email Setting for Bork
- +Site Styles
- +Site Admin
- How do I change my site configuration?
- How do I change my contact details?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I add Google Analytics?
- How do I add a Google Map?
- How do I hide and publish my site?
- How do I change the layout of my template?
- How do I see my site statistics?
- How do I use Meta tags?
- How to add social media?
- How to use robots.txt?
- How to manage custom file
- Can I have different style or template on each page?
- How do I change my website appearance or templates or style?
- How do I create three levels of navigation?
- How do I use a proxy server?
- How to disable or enable tax display?
- How to export order into .csv format?
- How to create a member protected page?
- How do I restrict access to my catalogue?
- How do I send email to members?
- How to Forward Emails to Multiple Addresses?
- How to forward emails "As Attachment" in Outlook.
- How to Enable SMTP Authentication in Outlook
- How to enable snippet in the website?
- How do I add custom code to my website?
- How do I create a desktop shortcut of WebAlive Console?
- How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
- How to upload favicon ico
- How to enable Re Captcha
- How to send files to WebAlive
- What is this message “click to activate and use this control”?
- How can I remove old content or URL from search engine (Google, Bing, and Yahoo)?
- +How to use the Editor
- The text editor
- How to do copy & paste in text editor?
- Why can't I upload my photos?
- How do I add an image to my site?
- How do I make an image pop up?
- How to update alternative text on images?
- How do I create a hyperlink?
- How do I upload a file for people to download?
- How do I add multimedia (YouTube video and flash file)?
- How do I remove inline style
- Why is my new line gap too big?
- How do I create and work around a table?
- How do I improve the layout of my page using a table?
- How to remove or hide table borders?
- What makes a good web page?
- How do I make a consistent page?
- How do I copy content from an existing page to a new page?
Email setup on your mobile device varies depending on the brand you are using, however the process is similar in many cases. You will always be required to enter your email address, password and server information following a setup process on your device. The user guide that normally comes with the mobile device, contains required information on how to setup the email account. If you do not have the user guide, please contact the customer/technical support of your mobile company to get help. Sometimes searching online can provide you with instructions for setup of a particular brand.
In the following tutorial the setup procedure for ‘iPhone’ is described. If you are not using this device, consider reading on – it may help to give you an idea of how the general process works.
iPhone Email Configuration (POP/IMAP) Guide:
> From the dashboard, click Settings.
> Under Settings, select Mail.
> Select Add Account…
> Select Other as the type of account.
> Select IMAP / POP (see Table 1.1 for more details).
Table 1.1 : Which one to pick, IMAP or POP3?
|POP3 (Post Office Protocol)||
> POP3 always downloads new emails from the mail server to your computer. It does not leave any copies unless you specify.
|IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol)||
> IMAP copies the email from mail server. This protocol does not erase/download until you specify.
> Enter the required information,
|Name||Enter your full name (e.g. John Smith). This name will be displayed before your email address when the receivers check your email from their email client.|
|Address||Enter your full email address. For example, email@example.com|
|Description||Enter a descriptive name for the account (e.g., Work Account). This description will be visible only to you.|
|Host Name||Your Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server often works with mail.yourdomain.com (use your WebAlive hosting domain instead of ‘yourdomain.com‘), but you can also use your WebAlive hosting email server address (see Table 1.2 for more details)|
|User Name||Enter the full email address (for both incoming mail server and outgoing mail server, where required)|
|Password||enter the users password (the password you set for this email account from Console)|
Table 1.2 :
|Incoming & Outgoing Server||WebAlive Hosting Package|
|If you are using following CMS package:
WebMini, WebCommerce, WebSuite, WebConsole.
|If you are using WebAlive cPanel Hosting package.|
> Click Save.
> If you see a message that says “Cannot Connect Using SSL”, click Yes when asked to setup the account without SSL.
> Click Save.
> Click Settings for the account you just created.
> Click Advanced.
|Incoming (POP/IMAP) Ports||Leave the default port for inbound emails to 110 for POP and 143 for IMAP .|
|Outgoing (SMTP) Ports||Set the SMTP port for outbound emails to 587 or 8025 or 2525 (some ISPs are blocking port 25).|
> Set Incoming Use SSL and Outgoing Use SSL to OFF.
> Under Incoming settings, click Authentication and select Password.
> Under Outgoing settings, click Authentication and select Password.
> The iPhone will verify settings and return to the Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen.